Advertisements

This site has moved. The new site can be discovered at http://www.jeffkillian.com

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pittsburgh

As I type this I am staring out a window at the ground, 30,000 feet below me. The 33,000 Southwest employees have treated us well so far. I already did some homework, and will update this once we get to the hotel. I have been so fortunate as to become the proud new owner of Life and Style Weekly, Us weekly, and the September 17th issue of People magazine, all compliments of the seat pocket. Here is the world, as I currently take it in:

I am seated on a flight headed for Pittsburgh, and managed to get the row farthest away from the front of the plane, and closest to the bathroom. The seat was chosen on the basis that between me and my mother, who is situated two seats to my left, there is an empty seat on this otherwise booked flight-space that I need. That seat has not been on my mind. What has been on my mind is what is to the direct right of me, the aisle. So far, I have been successful in controlling everybody, and have not let anybody through to the throne. “Nope.” I say, gazing at them with assurance, as they look in a confused manner upon my barricade of backpacks, shoes, and suitcases.*

*It was at this point while typing that the stewardess came over to me and asked me to kindly shut down the laptop and prepare for landing, which left me with the unfortunate option of explaining, at 1:30 in the morning, why the anecdote will remain unfinished for all eternity. Goodnight.
What I learned on September 12th, 2007: McDonalds does not have apple pies at 12:15 a.m.

No comments:

HTML 7